Thursday, July 30, 2009

The beginning

Today is the start of what I consider to be an awakening. I was listening to the radio on the way into work when something caught my interest. Apparently a study by the Mayo clinic has been backed up by England's equivalent of our Food and Drug administration. The finding..... Organic food is no better for you than regular food. Well that got me wondering....... the details of these studies are not necessarily projected through the media and there was nothing mentioned about how Organic foods, including beef and chicken in this study, do not have pesticides and hormones. Looking deeper into the results of the study, the specifics are that Organic Foods are not nutritionally better. Well, that makes a big difference that the media does not tell you. The food is the same nutritionally, I mean a carrot has the same nutritional value whether it has been shot with pesticides or not. But how about the long term affects of pesticides and hormones to our bodies, what about that study? I guess we will have to look elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment